Call for ODSC West 2020 Virtual Conference Speakers and Committee Members
ConferencesFeatured PostWest 2020posted by ODSC Team June 3, 2020 ODSC Team
We are excited to announce our official Call for Speakers and Call for Content Committee Members for the ODSC West 2020 Virtual Conference! We are now accepting proposals for talks, workshops, and training sessions. You can apply now to speak at ODSC West or to be a member of the content committee!
The ODSC West 2020 Virtual Conference will take place completely-online this October 27th-30th, and will bring together 250+ speakers and 7,500+ data scientists, academics, and business professionals for 130+ sessions.
You can also become a part of our content committee! This group helps select the abstracts that best represent the current state of data science to shape the best possible conference. If interested, please fill out this form.
Our conferences are built upon a reputation for delivering high-quality content for our audience from experts who are practitioners, researchers, creators, and contributors.
[Related article: Announcing the First ODSC Europe 2020 Virtual Conference Speakers]
A few already-confirmed speakers include:
- Eric Xing, PhD: Founder & Chief Scientist, Professor | Petuum, Carnegie Mellon University
- Lisa Amini, PhD: Director | IBM Research
- Gill Bejerano, PhD: Professor | Stanford University, Stanford AI Labs
- Suchi Saria, PhD: Professor, Machine Learning & Healthcare | Johns Hopkins University
- John Zedlewski: Director, GPU-Accelerated Machine Learning | NVIDIA
- Tian Zheng, PhD: Chair, Department of Statistics, Associate Director | Columbia University, Data Science Institute
- Dr. Jon Krohn: Chief Data Scientist, Author of Deep Learning Illustrated | Untapt
- Jennifer Wortman Vaughan, PhD: Senior Principal Researcher | Microsoft Research
Some of the reasons that speakers choose to speak at our conference include
- An opportunity to become a respected leader in a fast-growing community of dedicated professionals at the forefront of data science and AI
- A motivated audience comprised of professional data scientists, engineers, and related roles working in data science, as well as business leaders shaping the future of AI
- Excellent attendance. Overall 7,500+ conference attendees and hundreds of attendees at each breakout session
Join the content committee
We get many abstracts for each ODSC event, and we seek the guidance of the greater data science community to help us solicit the best speakers possible to ensure that our event is comprehensive and diverse. Apply here to become a part of the ODSC West 2020 content committee!
Call for Women’s Ignite Session Speakers
ODSC’s Women in Data Science Ignite Sessions fuel creativity and innovation among conference attendees. Ignite sessions are fast-paced, short presentations that allow you as an ODSC attendee to pitch a unique, interesting project you’re working on.
Let’s get started!
If you want to speak at ODSC West 2020, please fill out this form to be considered. Please be advised that the deadline for submissions is July 5th, 2020.