Fall, and ODSC West 2022, are around the corner and although we are still finalizing our lineup, we couldn’t resist giving you a sneak peek of the tracks, hands-on training sessions, expert-led workshops, and engaging talks that will be featured over the course of four days. Check it out below.
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning: Learn about the latest advances, trends, and models in these fields in ML and DL, such as TensorFlow, neural networks, PyTorch, autonomous machines, recommendation systems, reinforcement learning, and much more.
- NLP: Connect with some of the most innovative people and ideas in the world of data science while learning about the latest advancement and trends in NLP.
- Research Frontiers: During this track, world-class academics, researchers, and professionals will summarize and prioritize the latest research enabling you to easily learn about the most important recent developments.
- Machine Learning Safety and Security: Learn how to protect your organization’s models and data through training sessions, workshops, and talks on topics like adversarial attacks, backdoor model vulnerabilities, real-world deployment tail risks, risk monitoring, and boosting model defenses.
- Big Data Analytics: Build skills in Text Mining, Data Storytelling, Data Mining, and Predictive Analytics through use cases highlighting the latest techniques and processes to collect, clean, and analyze growing volumes of structured data.
- Data Engineering and MLOps: This track will utilize use-cases, best practices, and anecdotes to show how to effectively incorporate data science practice into your organization.
- Responsible AI: This track brings together top data ethicists to provide a practical, ethical framework for technologists to develop machine learning systems.
Monday, October 31st
Monday is a pre-conference day for Mini-Bootcamp and VIP attendees and is exclusively virtual. It will feature several training sessions on foundational skills, such as mathematics and statistics, SQL, data analysis, and more. After a full day of learning, in-person attendees will have the opportunity to connect during the Mini-Bootcamp Dinner. A Mini-Bootcamp Pass will also give you access to:
- Mini-Bootcamp orientation on September 20th or October 11th
- Live introductory level training sessions on python programming, data science, machine learning (scikit-learn), and SQL
Tuesday, November 1st
On the first official day of the conference, both in-person and virtual attendees will have the opportunity to attend hands-on training sessions and workshops and expert-led talks on a wide range of topics like machine learning, Python, deep learning, and more. Confirmed sessions include
- Denoising Diffusion-based Generative Modeling
- Machine Learning with Python: A Hands-On Introduction
- AI in a Minefield: Learning from Poisoned Data
- Practical Tutorial on Uncertainty and Out-of-distribution Robustness in Deep Learning
- Running Any ML Code in Any ML Framework
- Fighting Churn With Data
- Building a Semantic Search Engine
Tuesday will also feature the first day of the AI Expo and Demo Hall, also both in-person and virtual, where attendees will be able to connect with industry-leading startups and organizations to learn how to build AI better. For our more business-minded attendees, there is also the Ai X Summit, which will bring together experts in AI and industry to share their expertise on how AI is transforming enterprise.
Wednesday, November 2nd
Day 2 of the conference will offer even more immersive training sessions, workshops, and talks from acclaimed instructors, core contributors, and experts. Confirmed speakers include
- Pieter Abbeel, PhD | Professor and Director of the Robot Learning Lab at UC Berkeley | Co-Founder at covariant.ai | Co-Founder at Gradescope | Advisor at OpenAI
- Michelle Hoogenhout | Lead Data Scientist | Hydrostasis, Inc
- Aric LaBarr, PhD | Associate Professor of Analytics | Institute for Advanced Analytics at NC State University
- Meg Kurdziolek, PhD | Sr. UX Researcher | Google
- Kirstin Aschbacher, PhD | Head of Health Data Science | Meru Health
- Abubakar Abid | Machine Learning Team Lead | Hugging Face
Wednesday will also be the last chance for attendees to explore the products and services being offered from organizations like Z by HP, Microsoft Azure, neo4j, SAS, LexisNexis, Saturn Cloud, and more at the AI Expo and Demo Hall.
Thursday, November 3rd
The 3rd and final day of the conference will be your last chance to build new job-ready skills in essential data science topics. Sessions confirmed for this day will cover topics like:
- Machine learning forecasting
- Bayesian change point analysis
- Responsible AI
- Differential privacy
For those of you who are ready to kick-start your career in data science and AI, Thursday will also feature the Career Expo, both in-person and online, where you will have the opportunity to connect one-on-one with representatives from top organizations. Past Career Expo partners include CVS Health, Google, Liberty Mutual, Wayfair, and more.
Although ODSC West is the leading applied data science training conference, the event also has numerous networking opportunities both in-person and online. This year you’ll have the chance to connect with expert speakers during Meet the Experts and Meet the Speakers, and get your book signed by Dr. Jon Krohn or Stephanie Molin at the book signing sessions.
You can also connect with your peers at the ODSC Networking Reception, Dinner with Data Scientists, the Women Ignite Sessions, and online Open Spaces.
Register for ODSC West 2022
For more information on what you can expect from ODSC West 2022, check out the preliminary schedule here. Whether you are looking to build new skills, gain insights, or make new connections, ODSC West 2022 is the can’t miss conference of the fall. Plus, you’ll save 60% on your pass when you register for your pass by Friday.