Notice: Undefined variable: category in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
posted by firstname.lastname@example.org December 6, 2018
Website PMG GLOBAL
804980 Senior Data Cloud Engineer in Boston MA
Senior Data Cloud Engineer
Build a data platform to support Asset Management’s data analytics and discovery needs. If you have a passion for working with data using multiple emerging technologies on the cloud, this might be the right opportunity for you!
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Expertise building data heavy solutions using AWS technologies (EMR, EC2, Lambda etc.)
- Experience building Data Ingestion on the cloud (using tools like Informatica, Talend, Glue, Sqoop etc.)
- Experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc.)
- Exposure to release automation and deployment (Jenkins, CloudFormation, Chef etc.)
- Good understanding of overall AWS services like KMS, Route 53 etc.
- Experience in database (Oracle), ETL tools and application development
- At least 10 years of software development experience
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
The Purpose of Your Role
The Senior Cloud Engineer/Developer will be working as part of a core team building the discovery and analytics platform for Asset Management. This will involve migrating data to AWS S3 and other data bases, building data ingestion pipelines, creating a framework for self-service data acquisition, building data quality processes and transitioning our data stores to the cloud.
The Skills You Bring
- You have expertise building data lake on AWS sourcing data from heterogeneous sources
- You enjoy working on different technologies to solve business problems
- You have excellent programming and troubleshooting skills (Python, Java, Scala etc.) and also have good Oracle SQL and PL/SQL skills.
- You have exposure working with multiple database technologies and SQL engines like Presto, Redshift, NoSQL, Graph databases etc.
- You enjoy learning new technologies, data analysis, identifying data patterns and trends
- You can independently figure out technical challenges, identify options and come up with innovative solutions
- You have good communication skills
The Value You Deliver
- Technical expertise in building our next generation data platform on AWS
- Building quality solutions that align with the technology blueprint and best practices to solve business problems by driving design, development and ongoing support.
- Work with our global team and provide technical direction in building solutions.
- Actively participating in knowledge sharing sessions, code and design reviews etc.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
- Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally.
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.