Cognitive Credit: Lead Data Scientist / Machine Learning Researcher (accounting and/or finance knowledge preferred)
Notice: Undefined variable: category in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
posted by email@example.com February 4, 2019
Website Cognitive Credit
Cognitive Credit (beta.cognitivecredit.com) uses machine-learning technology to provide custom-designed analytics to global credit investors. Our aim is to automate as much of a credit analyst’s workflow as possible to free up institutional investors’ resources and empower users to be as productive and insightful as possible. We apply the latest technology and analytical approaches to solve data modeling problems in the areas of natural language processing, time series analysis, and image recognition. Advanced data analytics and machine learning is at the core of our corporate mission.
We are hiring an entrepreneurial data scientist / machine learning research to take over lead development and management of the ML components in our tech stack. This individual will join a small but experienced team of engineers to support the ongoing development and maintenance of our core product (an enterprise-facing web-application) as we transition to full commercialization by mid-2019. We seek passionate, innovation-minded professionals who enjoy problem solving and learning/applying the latest data modeling techniques, and want to expand their career in an entrepreneurial, high-growth setting.
This job is for you if you:
- have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience doing applied ML in industry
- have had exposure to the finance and/or accounting industries (familiarity with corporate financial reports and/or accounting knowledge would be ideal)
- have a comprehensive understanding of the main ML algorithms and how to approach a diverse range of data modeling problems
- have experience putting predictive models into production and maintaining them
- have strong computer programming skills including at a minimum Python, R, and SQL
- are looking for a data science role that provides a breadth of problem types to work on and are interested in all of the following: NLP, time series, and image recognition
- enjoy following academic and industry research on cutting-edge developments in the field of ML and AI
- have good communication skills and can discuss complex topics and solutions with the rest of the team
- are interested in working in a start-up environment with fast growth potential that prioritizes innovation
- are a self-starter and seek an entrepreneurial role with broad responsibilities
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field with research experience utilizing data analysis/modeling
- Familiarity with the most common machine learning libraries, architectures, and related tools
- Ability to demonstrate superior work performance and a commitment to outstanding results
- Experience working with relational database systems (we use PostgreSQL), Unix/Linux operating environments, and Git version control
- Understanding of modern software engineering/development practices (agile, TDD, etc.) and common system integration considerations
- Combination of strong analytical/problem solving skills and effective written/verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Customer-focused and commercially aware
- Fluent in English and eligible to work in the UK
Competitive pay (£80k) including equity options (0.25-0.50%), subject to individual experience.
Dynamic, innovative, analytical, and collaborative.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org