Bark & Co.
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? We (and the world’s dogs) are looking for you. Bark & Co. is a fast-growing business for people who love (*ruv) dogs. We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our team!
As a Data Analyst at Bark & Co., you will be responsible for analyzing Bark & Co’s rich and varied data set; Shipping data, customer profiles, product reviews, dog traits and financial data. We have a diverse dataset that allows for deep insights into our business. You will be responsible for organizing, standardizing and analyzing our data to tell deeper stories about our business; where we’ve been and where we should go. Specific responsibilities include:
- Own data modeling in Looker
- Maintain a data dictionary that documents all data collected and defined at Bark
- Write high-quality, performant, readable SQL with respect for best practices
- Define and analyze how business requirements translate to data needs
- Ensure users of Looker feel empowered to and capable of self-serving
- Develop Looker training curriculum for new employees
- Advocate with product and engineering teams for collection of the *right* data
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (product, marketing, finance, ops, happy, sales) to understand their business needs, produce insightful analysis and derive business insights
We are looking for an exceptional data analyst with experience in the following areas to help us grow our business and to make dogs around the world happier. The quantity of your experience is not nearly as important as the quality of it. Project examples and actioned insights speak volumes to us.
- 2+ years’ experience in a SQL-intensive role, ideally in a BI/Analytics or data engineering/data science function
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to reporting accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to learn-by-doing
- Experience using data to advise or make business decisions
- Experience designing and evaluating A/B tests and hypotheses tests
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with team members who are highly technical as well as those with little to no technical experience (especially with regards to data and statistics)
And as a rapidly growing startup, we recognize and encourage exploration outside of our comfort zones. If you have experience in the following, please bring it to our attention as we will certainly have more to talk about.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in math, economics, engineering, or related
- experience with Looker, Salesforce data, web marketing data, event tracking data, and Redshift
- demonstrated statistical analysis and machine learning skills
- Experience with ETLs, Python, spark, data warehousing concepts
Founded by Matt Meeker, Henrik Werdelin, and Carly Strife, Bark & Co. is a fast-growing company serving dogs and the humans who love them. We’re a company dedicated to the creation of products that foster the health and happiness of dogs everywhere.
Today, Bark & Co. consists of several major properties:
- BarkBox: A monthly subscription box of dog goodies.
- BarkPost: Your daily dose of doggy news.
- BarkShop: Spoil your pup with the very best.
- BarkLive: The best doggone events in your area.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://bark.co/jobs/?gh_jid=456248&gh_src=4q8r621 →