Notice: Undefined variable: category in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
posted by firstname.lastname@example.org January 11, 2019
Fintellix builds a platform which is now in its 5th year of development which has two loosely coupled components – “DataHub” and “Data Platform”.
The “DataHub” vision is to make the job of aggregating and organizing rich, granular data from multiple data sources easy.
The “Data Platform” vision is to provide a “codeless” interface for Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Business Users to collaborate to convert the data into reporting outputs and submissions.
Fintellix also develops Products on the Platform meeting regulatory change requirements in various geographies such as ADF/RBS/ECL in India, MAS Reporting revamps in Singapore, CECL in the USA, LCR/NSFR globally, BOM reporting revamp in Mauritius etc.
Our Verisk Financial Services business is looking for Analysts with data management skills and London Market experience to support the delivery of high-profile IT and data projects in the London Market.
- Understanding the project plan, allocated tasks and ensure timely & quality deliverables
- Understand business requirements through available requirement documents & user interactions
- Elaborating on requirements by probing/challenging the underlying objectives and capturing the unaddressed scenarios/needs
- Articulating the requirements and documenting it in a way that both the business users as well as solution architects can understand
- Contributing towards the design, development, and configuration of the project deliverables to ensure usability and suitability of the deliverables to meet the business requirements
- Identifying various technical and functional nuances/problems around data availability, missing data, incomplete data, data that needs to be derived using logic, data migration etc.
- Understanding and practicing the defect & release management guidelines defined for the project
- Identifying & building test scenarios & test cases
- Walkthrough of the deliverables with the client representatives to ensure continuous alignment between development and requirement
- Supporting the client’s System & User Acceptance Testing
- Identifying changes in scope & potential delay that would impact the project schedule and flag it off to the project manager
- Co-ordinating with client representatives to achieve sign-off on the deliverables
- Maintaining documentation of business metadata, definitions, and metrics contained in the solution
- Providing updates for inclusion in the User guide and Operations Guide documentation for effective use of the deliverables and smooth transition to the support team
- Knowledge of data management and data modeling concepts and practices
- Comfortable working with structured data in various formats (fixed length, comma/tab delimited, SQL data)
- Experience in interpreting “raw” detailed written business rules
- Provide high-quality support to customer needs and support data transformation and development, data quality analysis, uncovering data insights, resolving data and business inquiries
- Demonstrable data skills such as profiling, data quality assessment, mapping, and data lineage
- Have a very good understanding and experience of data manipulation, report generation, and data validation procedures
- Must be able to understand a given product architecture & design and functionality
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office toolset (Word, Excel)
- Working knowledge of any reporting or Business Intelligence tools
- Conversant with SQL and query writing
- A major portion of the experience is around working with data, reporting etc.
- A detailed oriented analyst with strong organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and customer-service oriented
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills
- Strong facilitation and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Being a team player (seeing the larger picture) while being able to work independently on the details; comfortable with seeking own answers
- Be able to be productive in a small, informal development group in a largely established business environment
- Ability to interact and collaborate with offshore, distributed teams
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, mathematics, or economics
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including at least 2 years of data, reporting, analytics experience
- Background in property/casualty insurance and the Lloyd’s Market is a plus
- Information Services
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.