Notice: Undefined variable: category in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
posted by firstname.lastname@example.org December 6, 2018
The Data Analyst/Senior Data Analyst- Proactive Investigations will be an expert in querying data in relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2), and is able to identify and extract essential information to support initiatives. The Analyst creatively applies their data visualization expertise when sharing investigative insights and facts. The successful candidate is very data oriented, is enthusiastic about mining large data sets in an innovative and efficient manner, and can apply statistical principles to identify relevant patterns and outliers in the data. Working in close collaboration with other analysts and investigators and with peers from other Fidelity Enterprise Risk Management (FERM) data analytics teams, you will confidentially investigate internal matters of security to the firm, including internal misconduct, fraud, and legal or regulatory matters.
The Expertise You Have
- Expert level in SQL and relational databases
- Expert level in Tableau and or other data visualization tools
- Proficient in Excel, ability to utilize advanced formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Hadoop experience beneficial
- Work experience in one or more of the following areas is desirable: financial audit, forensic audit, litigation support or financial investigations; brokerage, mutual fund or bank operations (customer facing, back-office or risk management roles).
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, advanced degree, ie CPA or CFE desirable.
- Fidelity systems and business unit or risk management experience is a plus.
The Skills You Bring
- The use of SQL and understanding of relational databases in a data analysis context (e.g. DB2, Oracle)
- Solid analytical and research skills, problem analysis and resolution
- Skeptical and inquisitive mindset who embraces the iterative process
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organization skills are required
- Ability to translate and communicate technical information to non-technical business partners
- Strong multi-level organizational skills, as well as oral and written presentation skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
The Value You Deliver
- Query data residing in a database and produce relevant information through use of ad hoc queries, stored procedures and data analytic processes
- Combine your technical and creative skills to identify fraud process shortcomings, control gaps or opportunities for enhanced monitoring or surveillance
- Build and foster stakeholder relationships with peer data analytic teams, particularly within FERM
- Ensure data integrity throughout the data acquisition, querying, and delivery process
- Identify and present findings and potential process improvements to affected groups
- Appropriately document all phases of the investigative process per group policy
- Generate fresh ideas for potentially fruitful avenues of investigation
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusiveworkplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
- Financial Services
- General Business
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.