Notice: Undefined variable: category in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
posted by firstname.lastname@example.org June 26, 2018
Healthfirst is a provider-sponsored health insurance company that serves more than 1.2 million members in downstate New York. With more than 4,000 employees, a network of nearly 30,000 providers, and revenues in excess of $8.6 billion, Healthfirst is one of the largest health plans in the New York City area.
The Analytics Engineer is responsible for leading the promotion and enablement of a data-driven culture within the Enrollment & Billing (E&B) department at Healthfirst. The Analytics Engineer will lead efforts to discover the insights hidden in vast amounts of data that promote confidence in decisions made to deliver quality products. The incumbent of this position is responsible for applying data mining techniques and performing statistical analyses over large data sets in order to create repeatable, insightful, and accurate predictive models for our products. The individual will also: analyze real-time data sets driving the day-to-day decisions within E&B; evaluate scenarios and make predictions on future outcomes; provide strategic thought for the development, validation and delivery of algorithms utilizing statistical models and reporting tools; and act as the analytics subject matter expert for highly complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks. The Analytics Engineer is a senior level analytics professional within the E&B department and, as such, is consulted regarding key decisions and initiatives that impact the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development and execution of highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models from large sets of data
- Lead the design and architecture of data models and dashboards used to retain and present key information to the business; Identify downstream impacts of changes and enhancements to current analyses, models, and algorithms
- Analyze historical data to evaluate scenarios, identify efficacy of data, determine potential predictive value, and identify best modeling/machine learning techniques applicable
- Partner with IT and business teams to operationalize models and algorithms to allow for real-time insights
- Create detailed documentation of models, algorithms, and analyses created to provide transparency and auditability of work
- Lead development of repeatable ETL processes from source systems to analytics sandbox, ensuring integrity, completeness, and accuracy of data is maintained
- Perform statistical analysis to quantify the limitations of models
- Act as data subject matter expert on business use, context, data quality, and other aspects/concepts of data being used for modeling
- Develop robust algorithms to process and clean large data sets, including metadata, for known data quality and/or accuracy issues
- Think critically about the business and how the work is performed. Identify opportunities to improve the status quo, inject data into the decision-making process, and support progress with facts
- Serve as a trusted contact for members of E&B or other departments. Work with the business to define methodologies that directly address concerns; present results or deliverables to the business and provide support with confidence
- Anticipate and solve strategic and high risk business problems with broad impact on the business area by investigating problems, detecting patterns and recommending solutions
- Communicate new knowledge and insights gained from analysis of big data
- As necessary, mentor a junior analyst and own responsibility for their development and coaching
- Participate in creation and presentation of training materials on analytical techniques, business concepts, or other relevant topics to the analytics team and E&B department
- Contribute to strategic analytics initiatives as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience using MS Office suite, including Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Advanced knowledge utilizing data analysis and querying tools such as SQL, R, and/or Python
- Working knowledge of data visualization and pipeline tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, Amazon Redshift, or other similar tools/platforms
- Proficiency of scripting and programming skills, especially those such as D3.js, Python, C#, or Java
- Experience with applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to make critical, independent decisions within area of responsibility
- Experience developing solutions that are scalable for large data sets and able to be placed into production
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Sciences, Engineering, Business Analytics, Informatics, or similar concentration
- Excellent communication skills
- Programming experience with C, C++, C# or Java
- Experience with machine learning and modeling techniques such as regressions, clustering, classification, random forests, decision trees, gradient boosting, etc., including optimization of models and statistical evaluation of models
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP)
- Experience with AWS and analytical solutions available on the platform (Redshift, Glue, SageMaker, etc.)
- Experience working with big data solutions such as Hadoop, mapreduce, AWS Kinesis
- Experience using APIs to perform advanced functionality or automation of ETL, Analytical, or Visualization activities
- Experience developing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritize work and complete assignments within their allotted deadline
- Experience working with and communicating technical information to multiple levels of technical and non-technical staff in written and verbal form
- Experience prioritizing a heavy workload in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of health care industry, products, systems, business strategies and products
- Five (5) or more years of progressively complex related experience in analysis
At Healthfirst, we strive to create an environment where every member of our team receives the tools, support, and opportunities he or she needs to excel, grow and achieve. As a Healthfirst employee, you will be a part of a thriving, collaborative community that is making new waves in the healthcare industry. We cultivate our high-performance culture, provide a top-notch Total Rewards Benefits Program, and focus on career growth because we believe that our employees are our best investment.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.