Data Engineer (Principal, Lead, Senior)
This is a Manhattan based position– relocation candidates welcome:
WeWork is seeking a data engineer to grow the team. You will collaborate closely with our engineering team, external vendors and services, the rest of the data org, and stakeholders across the organization, to provide accurate and timely data and efficient and impactful tooling. By developing and maintaining the foundational data layer, you will have a direct, visible, and profound effect upon a large, global, and data-driven organization.
The centralized WeWork data & analytics organization drives efficient decision-making and optimization via data-driven insights and recommendations. We are a closely-knit group composed of four subteams:
- Data engineering: Infrastructure, Frameworks and tooling to enable the company to be more data driven
- Business Intelligence: develop reports, dashboards, and metrics to provide accurate and timely information.
- Insights: supports various product and business groups with recommendation and in-depth analyses.
- Data Science: deploys impactful data products based on advanced analytics and machine learning.
- Design our next generation of data tools and frameworks
- Work closely with engineering to build internal and external data products
- Work across multiple cross functional teams and own solutions end to end
Develop and maintain data products and infrastructure
- Document data flow and processes
- Develop efficient Python scripts to perform tasks
- Work with the team to develop high quality products using Flask
Optimize the system
- Optimize system for performance.
- Monitoring and Alerting to maximize uptime
- Develop appropriate data models for landing and storing data
- Work with internal customers to develop optimized models and views for their needs
- Guide analysts on high-quality efficient SQL
Systems and Tooling
- Review code, deploy code and systems
- Vet and research new technologies
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering
- Prior experience with Postgres (Redshift is a big plus)
- Self starter! Own what you build.
- Expert SQL skills
- Data Modelling and schema design
- Prior experience working with BI Platforms (Looker is a big plus)
- Experience with software development, testing and deployment
- Skilled in a scripting language such as Python
- Deep understanding of optimization and code efficiency
- Expertise with version control, ideally git
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Love what you do!