America's Test Kitchen
Reporting to the Senior Director of Digital Marketing and working primarily in support of America’s Test Kitchen CRM initiative, the Data Scientist will implement marketing strategy using segmentation, targeting, and Life Time Value . You will be responsible for building and leading predictive analytics projects, serving as a subject matter expert to provide statistical design and methodology to deliver standard and custom studies; influence marketing strategy, and apply to meet information needs.
- Analyze and model internal and external data using advanced statistical theories and methods, and implement algorithms to address business needs.
- Continue to implement and optimize the CRM strategy.
- Decide what internal and external data is needed to answer specific questions or problems.
- Drives build out and execution of predictive analytics program and capabilities, leveraging an intellectual curiosity to explore and mine data, developing models to inform the business, product, and process improvements.
- Provide statistical analysis using web based surveys, web path analysis and web analytic metrics.
- Analyze and interpret data with the ability to write and deliver final presentations that inform the go forward business strategy.
- Communicate all aspects of project: design, findings and conclusions throughout.
- Determine more efficient methods for finding or collecting data.
- Collaborates with internal teams, clients and third-party vendors on innovative projects throughout the entire development lifecycle, to support initiatives from concept to launch, check and adjust.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment focused on team results.
- Internalize and communicate complex concepts in a straightforward manner to a non-technical audience.
- Have strong interpersonal, communication, business acumen and presentation skills.
- Excel at analytical problem solving, visualization, and decision making skills
- Continue to learn, evaluate and recommend new techniques, software or systems.
- Are self-motivated with a demonstrated thoroughness, follow-up and attention to detail.
- Are not easily discouraged with legacy data structures.
- Keep a positive attitude towards business problems, to continue to work towards findings.
- Set priorities and makes adjustments to reach goals across multiple projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced training in statistical techniques such as: predictive modeling, multidimensional segmentation, factor analysis, lifetime value determinations, logistic regression, CHAID analysis, latent class, multinomial logistic regression, fractional factorial test design, ARIMA and PDL
- Expertise in SAS and SQL (required)
- Preference for MBA or Graduate Degree in a Quantitative or Social Sciences Fields with heavy emphasis on quantitative skills (required)
- Strong knowledge of experimental/test design
- Strong research experience
- Working knowledge of survey design and analysis procedures with familiarity in survey tools
- Working knowledge of Web Trends, Omniture and Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of social media and social listening tools.
- 4-6 Years of analytical experience preferably with 2 plus years of experience in marketing analytics, and leveraging advanced statistical concepts and techniques.
- MS Office (required)