UTC Aerospace Systems
- Develop core capability in making sense of data collected by our sensors through machine learning, deep learning, and other advanced analytical techniques.
- Develop algorithms and tools designed to fuse information from multiple sources to enhance confidence in the assessment of various targets.
- Develop novel algorithms for the detection, classification, and identification of targets in remotely sensed imagery, including electro-optical (EO), infrared (IR), multispectral (MSI), hyperspectral (HSI), synthetic aperture radar (SAR), and LIDAR.
- Develop techniques to fuse information from multiple intelligence sources, including GEOINT, ELINT, SIGINT, MASINT, and HUMINT.
- Collaborate with defense labs, national labs, industry partners, and academia in the development of tools and algorithms.
- Collaborate with business development and program managers in the writing of proposals to fund activities related to data science and its application.
- Assist Information & Intelligence Discipline Chief in the development of a strategic plan for operationalizing tools developed for multi-source and multi-INT data fusion.
- Collaborate with Data Engineers to manage developed tools in a larger ecosystem of our own and third party tools to form a complete and seamless Big Data analytics system able to run on static and cloud platform architectures.
*Education / Certifications
BS required, advanced degree preferred in math, physics, electrical engineering, signal processing, or related technical field.
- 6+ years experience with BS
- 4+ years experience with MS
- 2+ years experience with PhD
*Experience / Qualifications
- Strong math and statistics background.
- Experience in data mining, Big Data analytics, machine learning, Deep Learning, computer vision, and/or other related topics.
- Strong skills in programming of prototype tools in Matlab, IDL, or similar high level language.
- Experience working with remotely sensed data and imagery (airborne or spaceborne).
- Experience developing these types of solutions for the defense and/or intelligence communities.
- Software development in C, C++, CUDA, or similar.
- Adaptability to working with disparate data sources.
- Keeping current on rapid pace of technology development both within our company and industry at large.
- Multi-task across concurrent activities.
- Able to self-direct activity with a focus on results that have a clear transition path to operational utility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical information.
U.S. Citizenship required, with ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance.