Neuberger Berman is looking for a Data Scientist with industry experience to work with our investment teams focusing on alpha extraction using various datasets. The candidate should possess a deep understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning methods and be highly proficient in programming. This person will be involved in all aspects of the research process including design, data analysis, prototyping, implementation, testing and performance monitoring.
- Model and evaluate the fundamentals of companies through analysis of large structured and unstructured data sets
- Develop and evaluate novel methods for statistical inference, model selection, bias correction and data modeling.
- Support investment teams in alpha idea generation, backtesting and implementation
- Evaluate new datasets for alpha potential
- Advanced Degree in machine learning, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or other quantitative disciplines;
- Demonstrated experience in extracting useful insights from large, messy data sets.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience developing and applying statistical methods for solving complex problems; candidates with financial industry experiences, especially those in a buy-side asset management firm, strongly preferred.
- Must have strong programming skills in multiple languages such as Python, Java, C/C++, SQL and R; capable of writing well-structured robust code for both research and production.
- Experience with large scale distributed computing technology, like Spark and Hadoop, financial datasets and natural language processing techniques a strong plus.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with effective multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Highly motivated, willing to take ownership of his/her work, drive to solve problems and work effective under pressure.
- Thrive working both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, willing to proactively engage other team members in fostering a strong collaborative team-oriented research environment.
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other criteria prohibited under controlling federal, state or local law.