Notice: Undefined variable: category in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
posted by firstname.lastname@example.org January 11, 2019
Food52 is a fast-growing and award-winning kitchen and home brand. Through our unique contextual commerce approach, we give our community of cooks and home enthusiasts everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully — from curated products to test-kitchen approved recipes.
The Data Scientist role at Food52 is a hands-on opportunity to explore and build features that power all aspects of a leading kitchen and home destination. Whether it’s leveraging training sets to estimate recipe cook times, seamlessly connecting commerce products with relevant editorial content, or setting up experiments for new recommendation engines, you’ll find a diverse role with autonomy on approaches and methodologies. If you’re a Data Scientist and wished you were pushing more code to production, or want to have a greater impact across a business rather than a narrow segment, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Act as the lead resource for all algorithmic features and functionality across Food52’s website and mobile site
- Develop solutions that leverage machine learning and other data science statistical approaches across a wide array of opportunities
- Take the above data science approaches from development to production — then support, analyze and iterate
- Work closely with product management to understand challenges and propose opportunities that would benefit from data science solutions
- Collaborate with engineering to implement A/B tests and drive any needs to augment that analytic infrastructure
- Partner across data analytics and engineering to update overall data collection strategy, and support validation of related infrastructure
- Ownership of related ETL jobs, migrating data into redshift for analysis, and cleaning / reconciliation of data
- Strong skills and experience leveraging Python, R and SQL to produce production ready solutions
- Expertise in quantitative analytics including machine learning, clustering, regression, and other approaches
- Experience in a business analytical role a plus, preferably in commerce or consumer media
- Degree in computer science, statistics, engineering or other applicable quantitative discipline
- Competitive salary and healthcare packages
- Annual bonus plan
- Unlimited vacation days (ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week!)
- Flexible hours
- Monthly Gym Stipend
- Annual Citibike membership
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks, and more
- Have you seen our
To apply, please send us your resume and cover letter. In addition to detailing your experience, please tell us about your interests and why you want to join the Food52 team.
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.