Notice: Undefined variable: category in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
posted by email@example.com October 31, 2018
Plume Design is seeking a mid-level data-driven Visual Designer and Programmer who can collaborate with teams to drive new insights & actions through data exploration, visualization, and data story-telling. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in graphic design with passion for creating dazzling visualizations to narrate complex data flows and large scale datasets. You will work closely with data analysts, data scientists, and product experts to derive beautiful and meaningful displays of complex information.
- Create intuitive data visualizations to enhance cognitive understanding of the underlying data. Determine the best means of expression.
- Use design principles to explain complex statements and concepts, ensure consistency of analytic data products.
- Identify & suggest actions/responses to information presented.
- Design interfaces for exploring information to increase customer engagement.
- As appropriate, leverage advanced chart types: graphs/networks, live view event visualization, maps, etc.
- Work collaboratively with project teams, end users/stakeholders to understand business objectives & requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to tell a story with data – What does the analysis tell you? Why do you think what is happening, is happening?
- Demonstrated ability to influence others with the story of what you’re seeing in the data to make business recommendations
- Demonstrated ability and desire to lead projects start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum
- Excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels
- 3+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact or to develop data/algorithm based products
- Familiar with GeoVisualization tools as ArcGIS, Mapbox, Google Maps OpenLayers, CMaps or Here.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, New Media, HCI, Interaction Design, or an equivalent degree
- Mobile application design experience, iOS and Android, also familiar with UI kits such as iOS guidelines and material for google applications
To apply for this job please visit www.plume.com.