Notice: Undefined variable: category in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/odsc1733/public_html/opendatascience.com/wp-content/themes/goliath/theme/templates/title-legend.php on line 30
posted by email@example.com January 11, 2019
The Senior FI Database Analyst role will be part of the Global Content Operations (GCO) organization, and will interface with teams across GCO, as well as other areas of Fitch Ratings, Fitch Solutions, Products and IT.
The Senior FI Database Analyst will be required to analyse and maintain financial information on a daily basis, for entities across both banking and Insurance. More specifically the candidate will be required to interpret financial data from annual and other periodic reports, in order to successfully and accurately incorporated the information into the proprietary database. This will be done by reviewing fundamentals of financial statements like the balance sheet, income statement and associated notes. Analysts will also be required to review/ prioritise client queries on this data as they arise.
The role involves close collaboration with other Database Analysts and the Data Specialist’s for the purposes of quality assurance, policy adherence and policy development. The role reports in to the Head of Insurance Content.
- Database analysis – using bespoke data platforms and products; eg. FDR, Agents, Fitch Connect
- Analysing financial data – to interpret and “spread” financial data from annual or periodical reports into the Fitch database
- Quality Assurance – performing assurance checks on the quality of the data input of our outsource partners, making corrections where necessary
- Training and policy decisions – to provide instruction and advice on the placing of key financial data items in balance sheets and income statements, also contributing towards best practice documents for use in training
- Management reports – generate statistical reports for management as required
- Internal communication – the ability to liaise with Fitch ratings analysts on financial data decisions and queries
- External communication – occasionally required to attend meetings with strategic partners and clients, either on the phone or face-to-face
- Queries – deal with any queries as part of a helpdesk team
- Making recommendations on improvements to the data capture process
- Assist with the implementation of quality improvement and assurance processes
Qualifications and Experience:
- A sound knowledge of accounting practices in order to interpret all aspects of a financial report, ideally qualified to degree standard in Accountancy or Business Studies.
- A CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualified or part qualified candidate would definitely be preferred, but candidates with experience of working with financial statement fundamental data, in an accountancy, actuarial or auditing environment would be considered.
- Excellent administration and communication skills.
- Must have a highly organised and methodical approach to work.
- To be a self-starter who can pick up new processes quickly and accurately.
- Have the ability to work within a team environment.
- Have a can-do attitude to problems.
- Think Tanks
- Financial Services
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.