Artificial intelligence has been moving at the speed of light with all of the news that has come out. So let’s recap what we covered here at ODSC and other stories that we may have missed so you can stay in the know of all things AI.
Open Data Science Blog Recap:
Colleges and Universities are looking to embrace generative AI with investments in hopes of shaping the future of education (Source)
Author Rie Kudan, after winning Japan’s most prestigious literary awards, has admitted to using ChatGPT to aid her in her work (Source)
Meta AI introduced, “Prompt Engineering with Llama 2.”, an interactive guide that is a significant stride forward, designed specifically for the Llama community (Source)
OpenAI has led to the rollout of the GPT Store, which is now accessible to ChatGPT Plus, Team, and Enterprise users. (Source)
Researchers from the University of Washington and the Allen Institute for AI have set a new precedent in the work of fine-tuning LLMs. (Source)
AI News Highlights
Researchers from the University of Washington and Allen Institute for AI Present Proxy-Tuning: An Efficient Alternative to Finetuning Large Language Models
iFit Wants to Power Your Workout Using Artificial Intelligence
AI Advances the Electrocardiogram
Artificial intelligence to analyze rush hour traffic
This AI Paper from Johns Hopkins and Microsoft Revolutionizes Machine Translation with ALMA-R: A Smaller Sized LLM Model Outperforming GPT-4
Surprisingly, scientists decline to move the Doomsday Clock closer to midnight
Meta’s “general intelligence” quest
UAE president issues law establishing an artificial intelligence council
Benton County, Wash., Sheriff May Use AI Photo Searches
Maryland General Assembly Could Be Dealing With Artificial Intelligence During The Current Session
Governor Glenn Youngkin Signs Executive Order on Artificial Intelligence
Germany, France, and Poland announced the ‘Weimar Triangle’ for artificial intelligence.
Artificial intelligence still costs more to replace humans: Research
Opinion | Artificial intelligence technology is essential to combat retail theft
Trending AI Open Source Projects
- Maybe – A personal finance and wealth management app
- Openvoice – An instant voice cloning project by MyShell
- Powerinfer – High-speed LLM serving on PCs with Consumer-grade GPUs
- Photomaker – An app that allows the customization of realistic human photos via stacked ID embedding
- Rags – Build ChatGPT using your own data with all-natural language
- Surya – A multilingual document OCR toolkit.
Research From Around The Globe
- Vision Mamba: Efficient Visual Representation Learning with Bidirectional State Space Model – Paper
- CoVO-MPC: Theoretical Analysis of Sampling-based MPC and Optimal Covariance Design – Paper
- A new paper touches on the promise of machine learning in creating individualized treatments.
- (Certified!!) Adversarial Robustness for Free! – Paper
- PythiaCHEM: a user-friendly machine learning toolkit for chemistry – Paper
- Researchers from UC Berkeley and NYU AI Research are exploring the gap between the visual Embedding space of clip and vision-only self-supervised learning – Paper
- Asynchronous Local-SGD Training for Language Modeling – Paper
Start-Up Funding News
Israel-based Bluewhite, a provider of autonomous solutions, raised north of $87M in a Series C round.
New York-based ElevenLabs, is a research company developing AI voice synthesis software for creators and publishers. raised $101M in series B.
California-based AiDash, a SaaS company enabling climate-resilient and sustainable infrastructure with satellites and AI, raised north of $83M in series C.
Germany-based Qdrant, an open-source vector search engine and database for next-generation AI applications., raised €91M in series B.
Canada-based Spellbook, a legal software startup that developed the first generative artificial intelligence contract drafting tool, raised north of $32M in series A.
China-based Guangdong Shi Robot, a cold chain cloud factory platform supplier that specializes in artificial intelligence supply chain management, raised north of CN¥110 in seed round.
California-based Aniai, a developer of a labor solution for quick service restaurants by building robotic kitchens, raised $15M in seed round.
Early Bird Ends Friday!
Get your pass today, and save 60%!
Top AI Videos:
Google Deepmind makes breakthrough in difficult artificial intelligence test | BBC News
Artificial intelligence | Impact of AI on business and society
Sam Altman: there’s no “magic red button” to stop AI
How artificial intelligence may reshape the way we live and work
The end of smartphones? Make way for small pins equipped with artificial intelligence • FRANCE 24
How the rise of artificial intelligence is boosting tech stocks