Now that we’ve seen the magic of a hybrid conference with a successful ODSC West 2021, we’re now turning our attention to making ODSC East 2022 even better. The event this April 19th-21st will feature the events that our community already loves, with a number of additions coming. Both the in-person portion in Boston and the virtual component online will have a number of extra events that’ll be sure to keep you busy that week. Here’s a sneak peek at the upcoming ODSC East schedule:
Day 0: Monday, April 18th, 2022
Day zero of ODSC East 2022 will be exclusive to bootcamp ticket holders, and will only have the first bootcamp sessions of the week. We’re still hammering out the details of sessions to come, but previous bootcamp sessions have included:
- Introduction to Mathematics and Statistics for Machine Learning
- Introduction to SQL
- Introduction to Python
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Introduction to ML using scikit-learn
- Introduction to Neural Networks for Deep Learning
Day 1: Tuesday, April 19th, 2022
Day 1 ODSC East 2022 will focus more on the bootcamp, training sessions, and workshops. Expect to see a lot of longer, more technical content this day. This day is designed for beginner and intermediate sessions. Past workshops have included:
- Introduction to Intermediate Deep Learning with Tensorflow
- Deep Learning with Keras
- Transfer Learning in NLP
- Causal Reinforcement Learning
- Reinforcement Learning with TF-Agents
- Tackling Climate Change with Machine learning
- Security and Privacy in ML
- Kubeflow & Kubernetes
- Building Machine Learning Pipelines
Things are mostly the same on the virtual side of things. However, the Virtual AI Expo & Demo Hall opens up, where you can check out the latest offerings, thought leadership, and research from leading tech companies. Some past exhibitors have included Microsoft, SAS, HP, Intel, and others.
Day 2: Wednesday, April 20th, 2022
On the second official day of ODSC East 2022, we will continue with bootcamp sessions, training, workshops, and shorter talks. We will also open up the in-person component of the AI Expo & Demo Hall where you can see what our community has to offer.
For those who want to unwind a bit, there will also be a Networking session at night.
The virtual side of day 2 will be the same as the first day – workshops, training sessions, and the virtual AI Expo & Demo Hall.
Day 3: Thursday, April 21st, 2022
The in-person component of the final day of ODSC East 2022 will mostly be the same as day 2, minus the networking reception. You can still attend plenty of talks, training sessions, and the AI Expo & Demo Hall.
In addition to the usual slew of training sessions, workshops, and talks, there will also be a Virtual Career Lab & Expo. Connecting with companies actively looking to hire data scientists from around the world! Get your resume ready.
Events with Dates TBD
We’re still working out the dates for a few events, but here are some things to come:
- Meet the Experts | In-Person: Meet the Experts and Speakers brings you up close and personal with some of the biggest names in data science! Sessions are audience-focused to help attendees solve their real-world, applied data science problems.
- Women’s Ignite | In-Person: Women in Data Science Ignite Sessions fuel creativity and innovation among conference attendees. Ignite sessions are fast-paced, short presentations that allow YOU to pitch a unique, interesting project you’re working on. This year we’re encouraging female attendees to participate and showcase their ideas.
- AI Investors Reverse Pitch | In-Person: Hear top investment firms & VCs explain why YOUR AI and Data Science Startup should choose THEM, not the other way around. Learn what top firms look for in in startups when they consider investing, listen to the types of businesses in their portfolios, and then introduce yourself when you find the right potential investor for your startup.
- Book-Signing Sessions | Both: These books will give attendees an opportunity to learn about critical Data Science concepts, approaches, as well as supported programming languages and their related packages to make the most out of them.
- Open Spaces | Virtual: Open Spaces are self-organized 20 min meetup-like events that happen in parallel with the main conference. They will be held virtually on the conference platform.
Register Now and Check Out the Full ODSC East Schedule
There’s a lot on the ODSC East 2022 schedule, clearly. However, with 3 days (or 4 with a bootcamp pass) you can easily check out everything you want to. See what’s trending in data science, upskill or start new skills, get a new job, and connect with people from around the world! Stay tuned for a more detailed ODSC East 2022 schedule and plan ahead. Register now while tickets are 70% off for a limited time before prices go up soon.