Martin is a versatile software developer and entrepreneur. He is creative and thoughtful, more generalist than specialist.
• understanding complex systems and their trade-offs,
• teaching and explaining ideas through writing and speaking,
• solving hard technical problems,
• operating and scaling real-world production infrastructure,
• recognising what customers and users want,
• designing and developing usable and beautiful user interfaces.
Martin cares about high quality work, getting things done, and absolute integrity. He will happily jump in and learn whatever is required to solve a problem.
He has co-founded two successful startups:
• Rapportive, which shows social profiles for your contacts as you're emailing them, was acquired by LinkedIn in 2012.
• Go Test It, a service for automatically testing websites in different browsers, was acquired by Red Gate in 2009.
Before getting into startups, Martin was the top student in his year in computer science at the University of Cambridge, UK. He has also composed some musical works, which have been performed on a few occasions.